Tuesday, December 14, 2010

dear hubcap [part 1]

Dear Hubcap,

We've known each other for a while now, thanks to our
mutual friend, the '89 Dodge. We don't interact very much, but that
doesn’t mean your efforts go unnoticed. I want you to realize that
you are a significant member of our transportation team.
I'm writing because I'm sure by now you have noticed my
wife's new truck. In my defense, we got a great deal on that Ford
and the 20 inch rims and low-profile tires came with it. I did not set-
out to find something "hip" or "trendy", I'm really not into that kind of
stuff, it was just too good of a deal to pass up. Please don’t get
jealous when you see me driving it, you have no reason to feel
threatened at all. I may be showing my age here, but I still like you.
I think the way that you (and your three teammates) stylishly cover
my rims and lug nuts is quite sufficient. I have no desire to
exchange you for the latest fad. You guys can rest easy knowing
that as long as this old Dodge is in my possession, you'll stay right
where you're at.
Also, I owe you an apology for pulling-in too close to the curb
the other night and giving you that unsightly scratch, I need to pay
more attention. I know it sucks being parked on the street and
you'd rather be in the driveway, but that old car has an oil leak. I
tell you what… this weekend I'll break out the Armor All and give
you guys (and the tires) a good shine.

Keep up the good work,

Nate

No comments:

Post a Comment